SHOCK: Woman accuses Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter of coercing $3x from her in 2000. Now asks judge to dismiss rapper’s lawsuit against her./hi – News

SHOCK: Woman accuses Shawn “Jay-Z” Car...

SHOCK: Woman accuses Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter of coercing $3x from her in 2000. Now asks judge to dismiss rapper’s lawsuit against her./hi

Jay-Z Rape Accuser Files to Dismiss His Defamation Lawsuit Against Her

Jay-Z is suing a woman who accused him of assaulting her for $3x in 2000 for defamation, malicious prosecution, and more

The woman who accused Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter of assaulting her for $3x in 2000 is now asking a judge to dismiss the rapper’s lawsuit against her.

 Shawn Carter AKA Jay-Z attends "The Harder They Fall" World Premiere during the 65th BFI London Film Festival at The Royal Festival Hall on October 06, 2021 in London, England.

The woman, identified in court documents obtained by PEOPLE as Jane Doe, alleged in a December 2024 complaint that Jay-Z and Sean “Diddy” Combs sexually assaulted her for $3x at an MTV Video Music Awards afterparty when she was 13.

Although Doe’s lawyers voluntarily dismissed the case in February, Jay-Z filed a separate lawsuit against Doe and her legal team, Tony Buzbee and David Fortney, a month later. He sued Doe and her lawyers, alleging malicious prosecution, abuse of process, and civil conspiracy. He also sued Doe separately, alleging defamation. He claimed in his complaint that the initial $3x allegations against him were “false” and “malicious,” and that Doe’s lawsuit was “strategically and tactically calculated” to extort him.

On Tuesday, April 22, Doe filed a motion to dismiss Jay-Z’s lawsuit, alleging that he “failed to state a tenable claim.” Her lawyers argued in the filing that Jay-Z’s malicious prosecution claim was insufficient because he alleged “the lawsuit […] was brought and prosecuted for malicious reasons, not because of any misuse of process after its issuance.”

“Carter has not presented facts that would support a claim of abuse of process,” the filing said.

The filing said the civil conspiracy claim against the accuser should also be dismissed because her lawyers “have demonstrated that, as attorneys, they are not liable for civil conspiracy under these allegations.”

Jay-Z Rape Accuser Looks To Dismiss His Defamation Suit Against Her

“Because a conspiracy requires more than one party, Doe cannot be held liable for civil conspiracy,” the filing continued. Doe asked that the defamation claim against her be dismissed, saying that the allegations in the complaint and her comments to the media are “entirely protected” under California law “and cannot form the basis for a defamation claim.”

Doe’s motion further asserts that based on Jay-Z’s own allegations in his complaint, he was not harmed by any potentially defamatory statements, since he alleges that an NBC News article “disproved” Doe’s claims and since he states that “[n]ot a person of ordinary care and prudence would believe that Carter attacked $3x Doe.”

In his motion, Jay-Z alleges that Doe’s “frivolous” lawsuit has caused him to “suffer actual and special damages, including but not limited to harm to his personal and professional reputation, harm to his business entity, Roc Nation—which resulted in his business incurring substantial losses in excess of $20 million—losses of pocket money, and emotional distress, humiliation, and harassment.”

 

Jay-Z is seeking compensatory damages, which are is, factually, and punitively. Jay-Z’s attorney, Alex Spiro, previously addressed the rapper’s decision to sue Doe and her lawyers, telling Good Morning America in March, “The truth has to come out in its entirety. This person is not allowed to hide from the fact that this is a false accusation.”

Spiro also referred to an alleged audio recording of Doe denying that Jay-Z ever assaulted her, and that Buzbee “forced” her to name Jay-Z.

“She categorically said that Mr. Carter did not do this,” Spiro said last month. “In fact, it was a lie, and the only reason Mr. Carter got involved in this was because she was pushed by an attorney to implicate him.”

Buzbee responded, telling GMA that Spiro’s claims were a “blatant lie.”

 

Disclaimer: This story is fictional and created for entertainment purposes only. Any names, characters, places, or events are fictitious or used fictitiously. No real person or organization is intended to be portrayed.

Related Articles

News 7 months ago

मेरे पति चुपके से अपने ‘सबसे अच्छे दोस्त’ के साथ 15 दिन की ट्रिप पर गए, और जब वे लौटे, तो मैंने एक सवाल पूछकर उनकी उम्मीदें तोड़ दीं:/hi

मेरे पति चुपके से अपने “सबसे अच्छे दोस्त” के साथ 15 दिन के ट्रिप पर…

News 7 months ago

मेरी पहले की बहू अपने बहुत बीमार पोते की देखभाल के लिए एक हफ़्ते तक मेरे घर पर रही, और दो महीने बाद वह फिर से प्रेग्नेंट निकली, जिससे हंगामा हो गया। मेरा बेटा ऐसे बर्ताव कर रहा था जैसे कुछ हुआ ही न हो, लेकिन मेरे पति… वह कांप रहे थे और उनका चेहरा पीला पड़ गया था।/hi

मेरी पुरानी बहू अपने बहुत बीमार पोते की देखभाल के लिए एक हफ़्ते तक मेरे…

News 7 months ago

Hearing that his mother-in-law had terminal cancer, the son-in-law rushed home, gathering all his savings from the past few years to buy a car, claiming it was a year-end sale but actually fearing he’d be forced to borrow money to pay for his mother’s treatment. His wife knew, but just smiled faintly and said, “Let me give you some more money, buy a really nice car so you can drive comfortably.” True to his word, the next day the couple went to the dealership to choose a car, put down a deposit, and two days later received their new vehicle. Driving the brand-new car home, he proudly showed it to his mother and siblings, but his mother was sitting in the middle of the house crying, delivering news that left him utterly devastated. How could karma come so soon?/hi

Hearing that his mother-in-law had terminal cancer, the son-in-law rushed home to Mumbai, gathering all…