Ice Cube and the BIG3 won’t be making a Caitlin Clark-type offer to Angel Reese, at least not in the near future.
The three-on-three basketball league has been thriving as it continues to attract big names, so much so that a $5 million offer was on the table for Clark ahead of the WNBA Draft last year.
Clark did not accept the proposal, and we might never know what it will be like to see her compete against men. We probably won’t know what the case would be for Reese either, as Cube has no plans to extend such an offer to the Chicago Sky forward, according to TMZ Sports.
“TMZ Sports caught up with Ice Cube at LAX this week … and the BIG3 honcho said there will be no deal put in front of Reese anytime soon,” the outlet reports.
Ice Cube Suggests Angel Reese Wouldn’t Bring In Nearly As Much Money As Caitlin Clark
Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese (Photo By Grace Smith/IndyStar / USA TODAY NETWORK via Imagn Images)
The rapper and actor said he has no issues with Reese, but it would likely not be a great financial move, given that sponsors assured him that cash would be rolling in if Caitlin joined, but “they didn’t tell us the same thing about Angel Reese.“I don’t know if we can make that same offer,” he added.
Had Clark accepted Ice Cube’s offer, she would only need to play eight regular-season games and a possible two playoff games to earn the $5 million.
Cube is left to rue her decision, but he’s happy with the players who did get recruited.
“We got some great players,” he remarked. “Lance Stephenson, Dwight Howard. Wesley Johnson’s been great, Montrezl Harrell’s been great. The league has been must-see TV for sure.”
News
A Simple Woman’s Scars Were Mocked — Until the General Spoke Her Call Sign/hi
They stared at her scars like trophies they didn’t earn. The breakroom fell into a hush the moment Sarah Mitchell…
He Brings Mistress To Red Carpet — Cameras Flash When His Ex-Wife Steps Out Of A Billionaire’s Jet/hi
The flash of a thousand cameras can build a king or expose a fraud. For tech mogul Jasper Vaughn, tonight…
7 MINUTES AGO:INSTANT REGRET Hits WNBA After Caitlin Clark Fans Give A REALITY CHECK THE END OF WNBA/hi
number of viewers for WNBA games that Kaylee Clark is not in is like three to four million. When she’s…
SHOCKING: Caitlin Clark Says Sophie Cunningham’s Knee Is Broken After Brutal Assault!/hi
This is Bria Hartley right here grinning from ear to ear with Sophie Cunningham smiling. Bria Hartley dives for Sophie…
Fans are praying for WNBA superstar Sophie Cunningham following heartbreaking news…/hi
Fans are praying for Indiana Fever guard Sophie Cunningham following Tuesday’s devastating news. The Fever have confirmed that the 29-year-old will miss the…
SENSATION: Caitlin Clark’s FINAL Message Before Leaving WNBA Shocks Everyone!/hi
Caitlyn Clark just shocked the WNBA with a final message that feels less like a note of support and more…
End of content
No more pages to load